Saturday, June 10, 2006

Mom's Mums




It seemed like Mom always had chrysanthemums in the house, usually white or yellow ones, growing in pots. She also had Christmas cactus and ... what was that plant with the spherical red-orange fruits on it? I have googled it, but no hits :(

Mom could get a bunch of flowers from the florist, greenhouse, or out of the garden, and arrange them into something that looked professional. She had skills that would have made any florist proud. Later on in life, she mostly bought flowering plants and cut flower arrangements ... I guess her illness and age were taking their toll, plus her vision was slowly failing.

11 comments:

J.N. said...

night night mommy dearest, sweet dreams till you wake again...
god.
do we want her to awaken?
she-who-must-be-obeyed?

botz said...

the first comment has been removed by the author...ok...what does that mean? did enjah say something and erase it? or did robyndogstar? help me out, i'm new at this.

Ellen McCormick Martens said...

I did not delete that comment, it was deleted by the person who commented, whoever that was

Osprey said...

It wasn't me, either. This closet is getting crowded.

Ellen McCormick Martens said...

OH and I deleted it FOREVER, by the way. If you want to delete your comment cause you do not like it, you CAN delete it forever, not just part way ... look closely when you delete your comment!

botz said...

osprey, are those your socks on the floor?

J.N. said...

The first comment was removed by me, I had not corrected some spelling errors and you how that goes...
once you post a comment, unfortunately, there's no going back to edit it...it's delete or have it ride on the waves of all time sepleld wrong...rghit?

Ellen McCormick Martens said...

how are we going to awaken Mom? Is the blog awakening her?

J.N. said...

What do you think? Has anything moved, on it's own, in your house? I had a couple of startling door openings, noises...Paul heard it too...I am not imagining. Although I could imagine she is restless in her new form...she was always restless.

Ellen McCormick Martens said...

My opinion on the dead is that they are on a journey of their own and are best left alone. When Rosie was alive, I would hear small noises that I assumed she was making. Now I hear those same noises, and I assume they are the house talking to itself. LOL

botz said...

my take on this is that mom lives partially inside us now (dna & through our memory of her)...and that part of her can be awakened or quieted...at will. lol, too.