Thursday, August 09, 2007

Mackinac Island family history

I have wanted to see Mackinac island. Our family linage, David Earle, Pvt and Martha Earle had a farm on the Island. On August 4 of 1814 there was a battle between the British and Americans on the Earley Farm (now the Wawashkamo Golf links) during the war of 1812.
David and Martha's son (our great great grandfather) Michael Earley married Mary O'Malley. My linage information states that Mary O'Malley may have been buried on the Island.
I invite anyone else to add more information.
Rob

3 comments:

Ellen McCormick Martens said...

If you go to Mackinac Island, I would love to hear about it. Never been there, know nothing except references to the Murrays having been and/or lived there.

botz said...

wouldn't that be the place to have a family reunion sometime before one of us pops off?
in an old history book, there is a story about the discovery of Father Marquette's bones, his burial site, on the Earley Farm.

J.N. said...

yea, I'd like to be there but I heard it's really expensive during their season. The old farm is a golf course. how banal? All that history under poisoned grass.