Thursday, July 20, 2006

Back to the Old Witchy

Elle turned around, suddenly, with a realization that she had to visit this witch she had overheard saying to #4 "I never wanted you!". Why #4 would WANT to be wanted by a witch, Elle did not know.

Back to the secret door, back to the wall, and finally to the witch's house she went. She knocked on the door of the house and a frighteningly cold voice said, "Yes?" in a very irritable manner. Elle said, "May I come in please?" The witch said, "All right, then, come in." She sounded exasperated at the thought that this child wanted to speak to her. Maybe she had to say yes, because of her manners, thought Elle.

Elle walked up to the witch, who had one eye like a goat's, with a slotted pupil.

Elle asked her straight out, "Why did you say you did not want #4? What is the point of saying something like that to your own child?"

The witch's eyebrows shot up and her hair moved backwards on her head. Her eyes narrowed and she screamed, "Because when YOU were born, you were too big! You nearly KILLED ME! You big lug! Because of YOU I went crazy, because of YOU I did not want to have another baby!"

Elle said, "You are a very immature woman, and you have let these memories ruin your experience of life. You have spoiled the childhood of #4 and she is a very sensitive person. I know you are ignorant, immature and mentally ill, so I will stop telling you what is wrong with you. BUT if you EVER say that to #4 again, I will come back and kill you myself."

No comments: