Saturday, July 15, 2006

First Meeting with Witch

child #4
1.
The forth child, filled with woe, drifted into the light.
She bore the weight of pain.
A delicate child, full of sadness:
she moved into the golden hue and only knew the color blue.

2.
#4 followed her sisters into the magical place.
It was night and the garden twinkled with fire flies. Large luminescent moon-flowers shimmered. #4's eyes reflected the hue of a blue moon that floated across the ink black sky.
"Hey, don't step on me."
Startled, she searched the dark underbrush.
"I'm over here...."
"Why, I think it's the moon-flower taking to me," she whispered.
"Yes, that's right," it replied.
#4 put her face into the creamy white flower.
A delicious scent filled her nose making her sleepy.
"Oh how my eyes burn," she said rubbing them.
"Lay down your burden, lay it on down..." the flower's voice began to sing quietly.
#4 let the weight of her body ease down onto the earth. Yawning she curled up and fell deeply asleep.
3.
~~~~~~
In the dream I drifted in deep blue mists for what seemed longer than forever when a tiny pinprick of light appeared and I was magnetically dawn to follow. Suddenly my body felt like a fist crushing me with an unbearable tightness around my head. A hard metal object squeezed my temples and I thought my head would burst.
~~~~~~

“Good morning,” the flower said brightly.
“Gosh, I have such a headache,” #4 replied and fainted.

~~~~~
I was inching through a tight undulating space and still intent upon following the light. The head crushing stopped. I inhaled with great difficulty then opened my eyes.
A wiry haired woman glared at me with one keyhole shaped eye.
“what the hell are you doing here? I never wanted you!” she sputtered blue vitriol.

No comments: